Esther Berkowitz's Blog
Proper hydration on moving day is paramount. Because without the proper hydration, your moving day team risks wearing down quickly. Perhaps even worse, moving day team members may feel exhausted as they lift large, heavy items – something that may prove to be disastrous.
Fortunately, there are many quick, easy ways to guarantee that your entire moving day team stays hydrated – here are three tips that you need to know.
1. Pick Up Lots of Beverages
Learn about your moving day team and the drinks they like – you'll be glad you did. If you learn your moving day team's drink preferences, you can pick up beverages that you'll know they'll enjoy on moving day.
When in doubt, it pays to purchase lots of water and sports drinks. These beverages help cleanse the body and will allow your moving team to maintain its energy levels throughout the day.
If possible, you may want to avoid purchasing caffeinated beverages as well. Caffeinated beverages may actually cause an individual to become dehydrated over time. Thus, you may want to provide only a limited amount of caffeinated beverages on moving day.
2. Store Your Drinks in a Cooler That Is Easy to Access
If your refrigerator has already been moved out of your house, there is no need to worry. Purchase a water cooler and lots of ice, and you can provide your moving team with cool, refreshing beverages at any time.
Keep this cooler in a central location and tell your moving team members exactly where they can find it. That way, if a moving team member starts to feel sluggish, he or she can stop, grab a drink and immediately start to revitalize the body.
3. Plan Plenty of Breaks
On moving day, give your moving team plenty of opportunities to stay hydrated. By doing so, you can reduce the risk of dropped items, injuries and other moving day problems.
Schedule at least one break per hour, with the break lasting a minimum of 10 minutes. Also, after a few hours, you may want to provide your moving team with an extended lunch break that gives all team members a chance to stop and grab a bite to eat.
If you need additional assistance planning for moving day, you may want to contact a professional moving company as well. This business hires courteous, professionally training moving specialists who will make it simple for you to take all of your belongings from Point A to Point B.
Lastly, a real estate agent may help you find the best moving companies in your area. This housing market professional can help you buy or sell a residence, as well as put you in touch with the top moving companies in any city or town, at any time.
Ready to transform an ordinary moving day into a successful one? Use the aforementioned tips, and you can guarantee that your entire team can stay hydrated as your moving day progresses.
More Info on this Property | Sign up for Updates
The age-old problem of trying to stretch your household budget is a challenge nearly everyone grapples with at one time or another. If you're confounded by the fact that your paycheck(s) seem to disappear within days of depositing them, it may be time to examine your spending habits.
Creating a written budget is often an eye-opening experience, especially if you haven't taken the time to do that recently -- or ever! Itemizing all your monthly and periodic expenses can not only help you realize where the money's going, but it can also give you a greater feeling of control over your life. As an added bonus, reviewing your household budget a couple times a year will also increase your awareness of your debts, your income, and your spending habits. Once you know how tight your budget is and whether you need to reduce expenses or increase income, you'll be in a stronger position to effectively manage your family's finances.
- Creating a budget: Whether you prefer to use spreadsheets, software, or just a simple income-versus-expenses chart, setting up a budget will help put you in the driver's seat of your cash flow situation. While there are many distinctions between running a business and managing a household, there are probably more similarities than differences!
- Identifying "money leaks": If your family's budget seems tighter than you'd like it to be, one possible reason is that you're spending more than you need to on some expenses. The perfect examples are homeowners' and automobile insurance. You've probably seen and heard countless ads for well-known insurance companies that say they can save you hundreds of dollars a year on your insurance policies. If you've been dismissing those claims as mere hype, consider the possibility that you may actually be paying more on your insurance premiums than necessary. It may be worth your while to have your insurance agent review your policy with you to make sure you're getting all the coverage you need and the discounts to which your entitled. The best way to remove any doubt is to get two or three quotes from other reputable insurance companies. You can often do this through email or online, so you shouldn't have to go to time-consuming office appointments just to get a few insurance quotes. To compare "apples to apples," make sure to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles for each estimate your seeking; hopefully the agents you deal with will remind you of that. It's also possible to save hundreds more dollars a year by contacting your cable TV company, Internet service provider, and cell phone service (It might be one company) to discuss ways your bill can be lowered. The first step would be to examine your latest invoice and determine whether you're paying for services you don't use or need. If you see charges that are excessive or confusing, don't hesitant to get on the phone and have those issues clarified. If inconsistent utility bills are a problem, then switching over to a monthly budget plan will make your expenses more predictable and manageable.
Let's face it – after you buy or sell a home, moving can be a major hassle. Lucky for you, moving companies are available to help you streamline the process of transporting your personal belongings from Point A to Point B.
Ultimately, there are many reasons to hire a moving company to assist you with your upcoming move, including:
1. A moving company can help you transport heavy items to your new address.
When it comes time to move, there is no reason to put a strain on your body. Fortunately, a moving company employs moving professionals who are happy to take heavy items to your new address.
A moving company hires only the best moving professionals to provide day-to-day support. As such, these professionals will take care of your belongings to ensure they can reach your new home quickly and safely.
Furthermore, a moving company may even be able to help you pack your belongings. This will ensure you can speed up the process of getting your belongings ready to take to your new residence.
2. A moving company can help you save time.
The time it takes to pack up all of your belongings, place them in your car, drive them to your new address and unpack your items can add up quickly. However, with support from a moving company, you may be able to reduce the time it takes to get settled at a new location.
A moving company will go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure you can get your belongings to the right location, at the right time. In fact, this business will work with you to fulfill your moving requests without delay.
3. A moving company can help you alleviate stress.
Moving to a new residence may seem like a long, arduous and complex process at first. Conversely, a moving company can help you take the guesswork out of getting your belongings to your new house.
A moving company is available to help you transport your belongings to a new location at your convenience. This business will do whatever it takes to help you enjoy a fast, seamless move.
Typically, a moving company will offer tips to help you prep for moving day and will assist you as you get your items ready for your upcoming move. Moreover, this company employs friendly, knowledgeable moving professionals who are readily available to respond to your moving concerns and questions.
If you're unsure about whether a moving company is right for you, don't hesitate to consult with your real estate agent.
Your real estate agent is committed to helping you in any way possible. Therefore, he or she may be able to provide moving company recommendations to ensure you can work with the best professional movers in your area.
Ready to transport your belongings to your new address? Employ a moving company – you'll be happy you did. If you hire a moving company today, you can get plenty of support to help you complete a successful move.
Click Here to view my Listing Sheet
Gorgeous move-in ready 5-bedroom custom colonial, designed by award-winning architect Eran Chen. At the end of a cul-de-sac overlooking almost 1 acre of park-like property, the home has a loft-like open flow. The soaring spaces are sun-filled w/ floor-to-ceiling windows. Extensive gallery-like walls are set off by black oak floors. Recently updated w/ state-of-the art LED lighting & electronic blinds upstairs with 3 renovated bathrooms, including the master